Monday, August 27, 2012

Scents of the Week: August 27th

First of all,  a bit of explanation. I have seen and participated in "Scent of the Day" notifications on several online communities. Us employees here at The Whiff (just me for now) would like to incorporate a touch of that type of streaming chain of thought, but without the day-by-day breakdown. I mean, hey, it IS just me. Plus, my idea of routine doesn't revolve around a 24 hour system, which is greatly distressing for every other person on the planet who seems to be able to function like a normal human being in these parameters. A Monday-beginning weekly preview will suffice. Working 9-5 M-F as one may find themself doing routinely at at least one point in their life, it seems like Monday morning is truly the 0-hour of the beginning of the week.

This week I'm looking forward to some cooler temperatures brought on by some windier systems. However, these warmer southern winds haven't quite brough the autumn chill that I'm so desperately seeking (I'm definitely a winter person, please don't groan).

In the workplace, I'm already preparing myself for end of year projects, many of them involving a good amount of writing. This week I will stay clear of busier scents, like layered spices and incenses and what-have-you, and instead opt for clarity minus the summertime sparkle.

My weaponry of the week will definitely include:
  • Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana
  • *U.S.A. by John Varvatos
  • and, Diesel Green by Diesel
This combination allows me wear smooth zen fragrances, and when the warmer temperature or more social day calls for it, a summer flagship like Light Blue or post-summer height grassy Diesel Green will get me through without being over-the-top and reverting back to June.

No comments:

Post a Comment